Friday, April 2, 2010

Movie Review: The Ugly Truth

So I'm posting way later than I usually do but I have a good excuse. This morning I made Easter cupcakes, then I worked on my French homework and my Linguistics essay, my family came over to tell us about their trip to Florida, and finally I cleaned my fish tank. So all in all it was a busy day. Unless you want to hear the scary tale of cleaning the fish tank, I'm going to do a movie review on "The Ugly Truth" starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler.

"The Ugly Truth" is your average story about a stuck-up business savvy bitch and a care-free hormone-induced male. The story is a journey of love as Mike teaches Abby how to win a man's heart through ways which force her to break out of her control-freak ways and grasp the thought of being the "secretary and the stripper".


There are many laughs shared in this hilarious comedy but not many for kids. Its rated 14+ by the Canadian film board for sexual content and coarse language, but there's a certain incident with a vibrator that would have to be up to the parent's consent. But that aside, its an awesome movie. Butler and Hiegl make a great team who leave you laughing days later.

Final rating by me: 8.5/10. I would certainly recommend it. Makes a GREAT date night movie.

Thats all for today's blog. So, until next time,
Live, Laugh, Love,
-Missy A


No comments:

Post a Comment